Re: Website update help.

>>> Sorry about the confusion.  This is the documentation embedded in the
>>> KiCad source files that is parsed by Doxygen and html files are
>>> generated.  Doxygen also supports a limited subset of markdown which is
>>> useful for simple documentation such as build instructions.  I also
>>> created the developer's road map in markdown which gets built in to the
>>> full developer's documentation.  The goal is to eventually convert all
>>> of the plain text build instructions and any other relevant plain text
>>> documentation into markdown and include so we have single source for all
>>> of the developer's documentation.
>>
>> As mentioned in some earlier mail:
>> I was allowed by Ajo to play around on the Jenkins build server [1] to
>> add automatic building of the doxygen documatation for the purpose of
>> having it online and always up to date. I have dumped the links to
>> theese three documentaions, the doxygen-docs, dev-docs and
>> doxygen-python make targets on [2] under the "Developer documentation"
>> section. That is probably not the best place to put them, but none the
>> less where they are linked right now. I talked with Ajo about copying
>> them to somewhere on dev.kicad-pcb.org to get a shorter and easier to
>> remember URL. I am not sure of the best way to handle this.
>
> Nick,
>
> You didn't need to build dev-docs separately.  They are included in the
> doxygen-docs build.  I just added dev-docs so I didn't have to build the
> entire source documentation when I'm editing the developer policy
> documents.  Although for some reason, I don't see the "Stable Release
> Policy" in the main developer documentation.  I only see the road map.
> I'm not sure what happened there.  I have to go back and take a look at
> it.  Including the markdown files as separate sections isn't as clean as
> using the source documentation format.

Aha, that makes more sense. I just built dev-docs because that was the
only thing contained the "Stable Release Policy". So I can remove that
target when that issue is fixed then. I did not notice that the road
map was included in the doxygen-docs target -- I see that now.

>> This is at least a start. But when you say "KiCad for developers"
>> section, what do you specifically refer to? Is it [3]?
>
> This [3] seems like a logical place to put it.  I'm fine with it there.
>  I was thinking about adding a link to the main page to the right of the
> Pcbnew image in the section titled "KiCad for Developers".

I will add it in the right hand menu. I am still not sure what we
should do about the confluence DEV space [3]. I think it is somewhat
outdated at the moment, but it also contains valuable information.