Option to not download boost every time?

Hello folks,

I'm trying to compile KiCad for Fedora.  Previously I was using
Fedora's copy of Boost, but now I'd like to try the KiCad one.

Part of the build seems to be a download of boost, plus futzing around
with bzr to create a local bzr repo for Boost.  On my throttled
internet connection, that takes half an hour.

Also, my build scripts use git to fetch source (much faster).  I'd
like to find a bzr-free solution, as not everyone has or wants bzr.
It should also be possible to build KiCad offline.

Is there some way I can mod the cmake files so boost source fetching
can be satisfied by the untarring of a pre-prepared copy of Boost?

Thanks for your help,

Mitch.

Follow ups