Re: Windows binaries.

Hi,

IMHO the NSIS installer is already available as I am using it to make Windows packages on http://kicad.nosoftware.cz

Or am I missing something here?

Milan

Dne 3.11.2014 v 22:22 Wayne Stambaugh napsal(a):
On 11/3/2014 3:55 PM, Adam Wolf wrote:
Wayne,

I think that package format is fine.  If anyone comes out of the
woodwork volunteering to build an NSIS installer, great, but this seems
like a nice step forward.

Don't hold your breath on that one.  I don't expect to see a NSIS kicad
installer until the stable release.

If we need to build on Windows, I can attach a Windows box to my Jenkins
cluster.

I build it on windows first because I know it builds without any issues
and it's probably the easiest to implement.  Cross-compiling could be
implemented later.

Adam Wolf
Cofounder and Engineer,
W&L

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

     On 11/3/2014 3:15 PM, Nick Østergaard wrote:
     >> As soon as I get the time, I will add the libraries to the package and
     >> update the windows build notes in the kicad source.  I hope someone can
     >> find the time to set up a automated msys2 package builder.  It should be
     >> fairly straight forward.
     >
     > Can one crosscompile that from linux?
     >
     > Nick

     I would think so.  I'm guessing that if you use ArchLinux that you could
     even package the cross-compiled binaries.  I know that kicad has been
     cross compiled in the past on linux but I haven't tested it.  Of course
     you would have to cross compile all of the library dependencies which
     could be more problematic as there are quite a few patches required to
     build a mingw versions of Python and wxPython.  You can see all of the
     patches in the package file repo on github.