Re: emacs switches to Git

git-bzr is buggy

What happened with the svn to git migration that was horrible out of
curiosity? The only thing I could see is issue tracking? The codebase
is already migrated because of the git mirror.

>What is less clear is the hosting sight.  I'm am
>less than thrilled with using github because AFAIK it is not free
>software.

Why does it matter? It's extremely easy to switch between them.
One of the very few "open-source" hosts is https://gitorious.org/ but
there is no issue tracking and I would advise agaisn't it for that
alone.

Now if you self-host, you can do Gitlab https://about.gitlab.com/ but
it requires a bit of a VM or server to run, it's quite the resource
hog due to its design so for a heavy usage like KiCAD you absolutely
do not want to run it on a cheap VM without headaches :/
The alternative is to use Trac and separate git repo manager, it can
run on a cheap VM no problem.

>Does launch pad support git?
Nope