Re: Length matching/tuning V2.

On 26.11.2014 15:14, Pierre Parent wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I worked a few month ago on a feature concerning trace length
> tunning.See This branch
> <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Epierre-parent-k/kicad/length-tunning> ,
> this bug repport <https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/594089>, this
> youtube video <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaBwm5anfYk>.
>

> Several people have been contacting me to tell me that it is very useful
> and I should keep working on it, so that it can be integrated in mainline.
>

> So I'm going to spend a few days on it. I will correct bugs, make code
> cleaner. But one of the thing I think should be done is port this to
> openGL mode. The thing is I don't know at all how it works. Here is what
> I need to do:
>

> *Do something when the mouse is clicked and my toolkit is selected.
>
> *Do something when the mouse moves and my toolkit is selected.
>
> *Draw temporary lines of given width on the screen.
>
> *Redraw everything, but only the real things (traces, pads ect), not
> temporary lines.
>
> *Prompt a window in order to have the user input a value.
>

> Do you have advices/hints on how to do that? (so that I don't loose too
> much time searching).
>

> Do you see any other thing I should do so that it can be integrated in
> product branch?
>

> Also I think CERN said they would work on length matching. Could you
> tell me more so that we don't work on 2 concurrent solutions?

Hi Pierre,

Yes, we are working right now on a more sophisticated length tuning
tool: you specify the pad-to-pad path and its desired length, the tool
meanders the trace in the chosen area respecting clearances to other traces.

More info (and a movie/preview version) will be available in the coming
weeks.

Cheers,
Tom