Re: Error with fix_swig_imports script?

On Dec 3, 2014, at 20:28, jp charras <jp.charras@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le 03/12/2014 07:32, Bernhard Stegmaier a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> don’t know about fix_swig_imports, I never did get an error when building a scripting version.
>> I didn’t build a scripting version for some weeks, though.
>>
>> My scripting builds also almost always crashed when exiting pcbnew, so I think this is not a problem with your build.
>> This doesn’t happen with non-scripting builds.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Bernhard
>
> Can you try to compile with scripting/modules=ON and wxpython=OFF, and
> see if the crash happens.

Just tested on OSX and with wxpython=NO does not crash pcbnew on exit.

cmake ../kicad-osx
       -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=clang
       -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=clang++
       -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.9
       -DwxWidgets_CONFIG_EXECUTABLE=../wx-bin/bin/wx-config
       -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=`which python`
       -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGE_PATH=`pwd`/../wx-bin/lib/python2.7/site-packages
       -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
       -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
       -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=NO
   -DBUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
       -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=../bin
       -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release

Other things I noticed until now:

1. It should be useful to set a system dependent default for KISYSMOD in the code or via makefile switch.
2. Do not (or at least provide a checkbox) center the mouse cursor everytime! (maybe on OSX does not center it at all)
3. In PCB Library Tables pressing cmd-C hits the Cancel button instead of copy.
4. PCB Library Tables need some rework from an user POV.

--
Best regards,
Mirko    http://www.lynapp.com