Re: Feature request: Extended BOM (Part, Footprint, etc.) management

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 03:04:00PM +0000, José Eduardo S. C. Xavier wrote:
> - BOM-generator with the possibility to specify the fields to export and
> group References
>    if all the exported fields match.

Easily extractable from the xml BOM file (altough with xslt 'easily' is
quite subjective :D). Anyway AFAIK python has no issues munching XML
files

> - BOM-importer (set fields of References to theyr BOM-value)

Limited at the moment; only backannotation is done (for footprints),
however that could be extended/reworked for other usages (like mass
attribute load or something like that). backanno.cpp is the place to
start toying with for that.

> > - Possibility to manage footprints in schemata (or is this already
> > possible?)

Recently it's possible to use the footprint picker in eeschema. From
forever you could set them as text; however be wary of mismatches
between the netlist and the cmp file: the cmp takes from the netlist if
there isn't already a component with that name, otherwise the value in
the cmp wins... results: I delete a component then some time later I add
another component with the same reference => it picks by default the
*old* package! Maybe this changed, however. (cmp files are evil and have
to disappear... the netlist is enough for carrying all of these info,
already discussed to death)

> > > Ya probably that will do it :S Editing the .sch in a text editor may
> > also help..

perl, awk or (please don't do that) stateful sed help with this
kind of proposition :D

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl