Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : kicad-qa #528

Le 22/12/2014 13:26, LordBlick a écrit :
>> I added the -DKICAD_USE_WEBKIT=OFF option because I was thinking
>> webkit/webview could create issues ...
> That's most useful option for me, compilation half of each distro where
> wxWidgets from different reasons are build without webview, on every
> upgrade is some problematic. If we must use something of gtk, why not
> simply switch from wxWidgets to gtk ? That will be much easier an more
> powerful ui.

wxWidgets uses gtk.

if wxWidgets is built without webview, this is just because
libwebkitgtk-dev was not installed. This is not a wxWidgets issue.
Using gtk does not fix this problem: if libwebkitgtk-dev is not
installed for wxWidgets, it is also not installed for gtk.

"That will be much easier an more powerful ui"

I don't know, and this assertion needs proofs.

wxWidgets is much more just an UI graphic library.

You also have to take in account internationalization and multi-platform
constraints.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS