Re: OS X File Open Dialog

Hi,

first… yes, the patch does bring back the file filter drop down (it seems to be disabled also on 10.9).

Different from the patch I have added the code to
  bool PGM_BASE::initPgm()
because this seems to be one of the more global spots to initialize things.
I am not sure about that… in kiface_i.cpp
  bool KIFACE_I::start_common( int aCtlBits )
would also maybe appropriate?

But… even if it brings back the filter drop down, it doesn’t seem to work with wxWidgets 3.0.2.
The
<<<
    wxFileDialog dlg( aParent, _( "Open Board File" ), path, name, fileFilters,
                      wxFD_OPEN | wxFD_FILE_MUST_EXIST );

    if( dlg.ShowModal() != wxID_CANCEL )
    {
        int chosenFilter = dlg.GetFilterIndex();

dlg.GetFilterIndex() always return 0 regardless from what I choose.
Moreover, changing the filter does not affect the file list at all (from the wxWidgets code it should…).
I guess files not matching the current filter should get greyed out, but always all supported files are enabled.

So, this doesn’t really seem to fix the original problem - at least on both my 10.9 and 10.10 setup.
Can somebody else confirm this?

Regards,
Bernhard