Re: Various pcbnew usability bugs/annoyances

I have my own pet peeve to complain about.  I have a directory in my HOME
director called 'sitepkgs'. This directory is on my PYTHON_PATH and indeed I
can Import kicad packages in python. But, when I do a make install after
doing a make clean && make -j10 I do a make install, which always fails
because pcbnew/cmake_install.cmake  insists on looking in
/usr/lib/site-packages when it should be looking in ~/sitepkgs.  So I edit
that file and replace the offending lines and then I do not need to be root
to install a kicad build.  I first think about kicad looking in the variable
PYTHON_PATH but I reject that since the PYTHON_PATH can include many paths,
not just one.  Would you consider yet another cmake variable like
-DKICAD_SITE_PKGS=<some path>?  Then people like me could use that flag and
everyone else could use the default. This has the effect that one need not
install as root to install kicad.
This already exist since around rev. 5148 - -DPYTHON_SITE_PACKAGE_PATH=<pypath> and earlier was -DPYTHON_DEST=<pypath>

--
Best Regards,
LordBlick