Re: OSX Nightlies Update

> Hi Andy,
>
> In GAL mode there are no scrollbars by design, it is not a Mac OS X
> issue. Do users miss them?

I didn't think it was a Mac issue but I don't test on other platforms.

As for missing them, this is interesting. I actually hadn't noticed them
missing in GAL mode until a couple of weeks ago when I started to get
serious about doing a board.  I think that GAL mode works better for some
things than default mode, but for whatever reason F2 "Zoom Out" doesn't
work in GAL (it zooms in). But scroll wheel zooming works so much better
in GAL than default (where it centers weirdly).

ANYWAY at the same time I happened to have to do some layout checks in
Altium Designer 14 for the day job, and I noticed: NO SCROLL BARS. After
some head scratching and checking on the Altium forum I learned that you
can pan using the middle mouse button, and that works like a champ.
(Although there were plenty of users who complained.)

Here's the odd thing: that works in Kicad (I'm on BZR 5420 now) too, and I
can't find anything that specifically enables this! It's not in the
hotkeys preference, and I don't have anything magic set up in the
Kensington Trackball Works (you can have my Expert Mouse when you pry it
from my cold dead hands etc etc). It just works.

So as long as I can pan with the middle mouse button, I don't care about
the scroll bars. EXCEPT that I don't have a middle mouse button on the
MacBook Pro (gotta figure out how to emulate it). Of course I am not all
users.

-a