Global fp-lib-table path

Hi all,

I did a clean install of one of my machines and now I am setting up everything for KiCad again - without having all the links, environment variables, and other stuff that I created over time to keep KiCad going.
The recent changes regarding environment variables made life *much* easier for models and 3D-models, thanks for that!
The last thing I came across is location of global fp-lib-table.

Currently the global/default fp-lib-table is created under the KiCad preference path:
xString FP_LIB_TABLE::GetGlobalTableFileName()
{
    wxFileName fn;

    fn.SetPath( GetKicadConfigPath() );
    fn.SetName( global_tbl_name );

    return fn.GetFullPath();
}

Wouldn’t it make more sense or be more consistent to have it in $KISYSMOD where all models are?
OK, fp-lib-table is some kind of configuration/preference which models to use, so it might fit into the preference location.
But, at least I have my models in my own repository checked out to some folder and along with them in the same place the fp-lib-table matching the models of the repository.
To use that I currently have to link this fp-lib-table into the preference location, which I wouldn’t have to do when the base would be $KISYSMOD.
Or, is there another way to use my own fp-lib-table?

Using $KISYSMOD as base for the global fp-lib-table would also allow to switch between different libraries just by changing $KISYSMOD.
I guess this can’t be done right now or am I missing something?

Regards,
Bernhard

Follow ups