Re: Printing

Orson,

Thanks for looking into this.  Linux users will appreciate your efforts.

As far as I can tell, it didn't break anything on windows.  The mirrored
printing is still broken on windows with wx 3.0.2 but that has nothing
to do with your changes.  I have to keep a build of 3.0.1 to do mirrored
printing so I can etch prototype boards.  I'll test this on linux when I
get a chance.

On 3/25/2015 7:02 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> I have just pushed a patch that should resolve the printing issues. I
> did my best to test it with Windows and Linux, but it would be great if
> you could try it in your system too. Printing preview is quite accurate,
> so if you do not have a printer - it might be the way to check the result.
>
> It turned out that wxWidgets does not like changing the logical function
> for the device context when it is printing. Simple
> dc.SetLogicalFunction( wxCOPY ) breaks the example delivered with the
> library (even though wxCOPY seems to be the default mode).
>
> There were also problems with very thin lines, but the workaround
> applied for OS X solves the problem on other platforms too (use
> DeviceToLogicalXRel( 1 ) instead of 0 width).
>
> I bet it will break again with wxWidgets 4.0 (or 3.2, how do you
> think?), but for the stable release it should be fine. Also, if we plan
> to drop the legacy view, maybe should look for a different, and also
> more robust solution.

You can be absolutely sure that changes in either wxWidgets or GTK+ will
break printing in the future.  Nobody ever said this was going to be
easy.  I wouldn't be too quick to blame the wxWidgets developers.  I'm
guessing the GTK+ developers are equally to blame.

Cheers,

Wayne