Re: Bug fixing and Coverity scan errors.

I've just been going through the Coverity thing during a break at work
and tagged a few things ready to fix at home. The second I noticed is
because we use delete on a member variable pointer without
re-assignment.

I think it would be good policy to say unless the scope of the pointer
variable is the local code block, delete must be immediately followed
by a NULL assignment. i.e. from what I'm looking at now in the
vrml_v2_modelparser.cpp:241 or :263

    delete m_model;

should really be:

    delete m_model;
    m_model = NULL;

Other functions (namely read_DEF) make assignment from m_model. It's
too complicated to try and rely on knowing the logical order of
functions in a file format parser to guarantee that it won't break. At
least if the assignment from m_model assigns NULL, debugging is
reasonably sane.

As an aside, I came across code ( pcbnew/eagle_plugin.cpp:1406 :1504,
etc ) in which the coding style policy 4.2.3 has been applied to else
if clauses. Is that intended? There's both types in that file. I was
going to do some tidying as I went along fixing Coverity items and
don't know which to go for. The coding style policy 4.7 has an example
where there's no blank line above them for reference...

Best Regards,

Brian.