Re: Latest trackpad action tests on OSX -r5582

On 04/08/2015 04:53 PM, Andy Peters wrote:
On Apr 8, 2015, at 1:40 PM, Bob Gustafson <bobgus@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Application: kicad
Version: (2015-04-07 BZR 5582)-product Release build
wxWidgets: Version 3.0.2 (debug,UTF-8,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.2.1,STL containers,compatible with 2.8)
Platform: Mac OS X (Darwin 14.1.0 x86_64), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac
Boost version: 1.54.0
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
         USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
         BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
         KICAD_USE_WEBKIT=OFF

up or right SHIFT two finger drag moves the components up
(horizontal drag seems to be less of an influence)

This is good - up drag gives up components movement.
The direction of vertical scroll is configurable in the Trackpad System Preferences. By default, the "Scroll direction: natural" option is selected, so the scrolling is in the direction you move your fingers. That's the opposite of what some users (like me) expect, which is for the scrolling to go the other way.

Anyways, try changing that system preference and see if Kicad's behavior changes.

-a

Ahh, but that means configuring the system preferences back when I want to use LibreOffice or Preview in the same session. Like for part numbers on a big spreadsheet.

All the directions should be consistent among all the applications one is likely to use in sequence.

Bob G