Re: PCB Layouting with OpenGL Mode: What I miss.

On 29.04.2015 11:50, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> Hi Orson,
>
> Ya sorry I (was mistake, I) mean:
>
> Default mode: if you press D it will immediately start Drag Keep
> slope. OpenGL GAL: pressing D or G does nothing, is is very difficult
> to start drag a track.  I was just testing right now, and I cannot
> find a pattern sequence to start draging. .usually I do it randomly
> until I can get it work. also, in the test I was doing now trying to
> start dragging, I manage to crash pcbnew, pressing several times X,
> G, Esc etc.

Dear Mario,

In order to drag traces you need to turn on the router mode first, by
pressing X. Then you can hover the cursor over a track (it's
automatically snapped) and press G or select 'drag trace' from the
R-click menu. The idea is that all actions provided by a particular
interactive tool are available from the R-click menu.

The reason I've done it this way is purely technical: the router
operates on a separate data model, which gets built whenever the router
tool is activated. Currently it would be very difficult to keep this
model (PNS_NODE) up-to-date with the parent BOARD object on the fly
because of the limitations of BOARD class (i.e. no observer pattern,
mutable members).

Same limitation applies to deleting tracks/segments - delete tool works
on the BOARD object, so it must be run outside the router. I'm open to
modify this behavior, but after the stable release.

Regards,
Tom