Re: who has been able to make a mac build in the last month?

> On May 13, 2015, at 10:27 AM, Bernhard Stegmaier <stegmaier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I made successfully some builds last weekend… after I sorted out the cmake problems with using a non-system openssl I have posted.
> I always use external boost from MacPorts (just like all other dependencies) at least half a year now… 1.56 and after the MacPorts update 1.58.
>
> I didn’t rebuild wxWidgets… still using a 3.0.2 built maybe half a year ago with a target version of 10.9.
> KiCad also was built with a target version of 10.9 (forgot to switch to 10.10 now that all my machines are updated).
> boost 1.58 was built with a target version 10.10.
>
> Quite a mess, but works without any problem… :)
>
> OS X is 10.10.3, Xcode is 6.1 and command line tools are 6.3.
>
> Do you use wxPython?
> If I remember correctly, then the wxPython build script (build-wxpython.py) had some issues with the target version parameter or didn’t support it at all… that’s why I didn’t use it in my osx_build_wx.sh, but manually compiled wxWIdgets/wxPython in two steps…

Like Bernhard, I use wxWidgets 3.0.2 compiled for the machine (I have both 10.10 and 10.9 machines). I don’t use homebrew or any other package manager; the various dependencies are compiled from the latest source at the time I grabbed them. Latest Xcode on both. Seems to be OK.

Having said that, I have never gotten wxPython to finish building. It always fails with the following:

running install_egg_info
Writing /Users/andy/Projects/kicad-build/wx-bin/lib/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-osx_cocoa/wxPython-3.0.2.0-py2.7.egg-info
warning: wx_install: path file '/Users/andy/Projects/kicad-build/wx-bin/lib/python2.7/site-packages/wx-3.0-osx_cocoa.pth' not created

-a