Re: eeschema hiding references with hash prefix

Le 25/05/2015 01:53, Chris Pavlina a écrit :
> Is there any real, important reason eeschema likes to go through and
> re-hide references to which a # has been prefixed? As far as I know,
> this is done to ensure power symbols don't have a visible reference, but
> those can be hidden from libedit anyway. It's a bit annoying - I have a
> sheet which is used twice in a project, but I needed to omit one
> specific component from just one instance of the sheet, so I added the #
> on that one (since references are unique to sheet instances). It works
> perfectly, except that eeschema insists on re-hiding it at some point
> (as well as, of course, the non-prefixed one on the other sheet).
>
> It's sensible that these shouldn't be visible by default, but why go
> hiding them if they've been explicitly made visible?
>
> --
> Chris

There is a reason:
if the ref starts with '#', it it does not appears on BOMs, netlists ...
and mainly the ref is initialized each time the netlist is rebuilt.
Therefore the ref has no meaning for the user, and make is not visible
avoid issues (although it can be discussed).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS