Re: Plugin plans (post-stable release)

On 6/16/2015 11:58 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 16.06.2015 17:35, Mário Luzeiro wrote:

I'm certain I've mentioned this before but I expect a sane I/O manager
design something like PCB_IO and IO_MGR used in Pcbnew.  I want to see
this design use either the base classes in richio.h, streams, or
wxStreams for I/O and not be tied directly to reading and writing files.
 There also needs to be an intelligent way to handle different model
library types (VRML, STEP, IGES, etc.) and abstract away platform path
differences like the footprint library table used in Pcbnew.  Once this
is in place, we can port the current VRML I/O over to the new I/O code
and begin adding new model types.