Re: Rotated pads in PNS

On 23.06.2015 18:04, Chris Pavlina wrote:
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> pns_router.cpp:212:
>     else if( orient != 0.0 && orient != 180.0 )
>     {
>         // rotated pads are replaced by for the moment by circles due to my laziness ;)
>         solid->SetShape( new SHAPE_CIRCLE( c, std::max( sz.x, sz.y ) / 2 ) );
>         nonOrtho = true;
>     }
>
> It seems a rather big "bug" to me, to not be able to route around
> rotated pads within their true clearance. PCBs with footprints rotated
> 45 degrees are actually somewhat common, and when treating the pads like
> circles it's not possible to route adjacent pads on most IC footprints.
> Any idea when this will be fully implemented?

Chris,

There is a patch by Mathias Grimberger (he sent it quite a bit of time
ago), which I'm planning to integrate with P&S this week, along with
other, IMHO more urgent bugfixes (e.g. assert failures).

Honestly, I don't consider this a really big bug. It's just an annoyance
we could live with. It doesn't prevent you from using rotated pads,
you'll just have to route some of them without P&S.

Tom