Re: Rotated pads in PNS

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 06:11:52PM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> Chris,
>
> There is a patch by Mathias Grimberger (he sent it quite a bit of time
> ago), which I'm planning to integrate with P&S this week, along with
> other, IMHO more urgent bugfixes (e.g. assert failures).

Excellent! I started doing it myself, but as I'm quite unfamiliar with
the PNS code I was having trouble and figured a better use of my time
would be fixing things up in an area I'm more familiar with for now.
Nice to hear someone already got it.

> Honestly, I don't consider this a really big bug. It's just an annoyance
> we could live with. It doesn't prevent you from using rotated pads,
> you'll just have to route some of them without P&S.

I respectfully disagree. It's not just PNS, it's all of GAL - even just
choosing "Highlight collisions" you still can't route that unless you
disable DRC or switch to legacy. If GAL is indeed supposed to be a full
replacement for legacy, I'd want to be at a point where all work can be
done in GAL before release.

--
Chris