Re: OS X issues...

Regardless of any wxWidgets issues, shouldn't this dialog be modal
anyway?

Garth

No, it shouldn’t be — after running DRC, it’s necessary to have the list of
DRC complaints remain open, while also allowing the user to go and
inspect/fix all of the errors.

It doesn’t make sense to have to close the dialog before fixing an error.

Fair enough.  Though it would be nice if one could simply navigate through
the markers (if they were produced for all violations) on the board without
need for the list.  With some way to produce the text there, perhaps a
tooltip or somesuch.

Unfortunately, as hinted at in the bug filed, the underlying issue here is
likely yet another case of OS X being the red-headed stepchild in wxWidgets.
In this case it can probably be worked around in KiCad.  I think the issue
that Bernhard is looking at is another case of an OS X specific wxWidgets
issue, but in that case I don’t have much confidence it can addressed in
KiCad.  I hope I’m wrong.

Not modal, but transient(not blocking, but not hideable behind main window)
Maybe this helps:
https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/tree/master/samples/popup
In gtk exists set_transient_for() method for dialog. I'm curious of Apple people provide the analogy… ;)
--
Best Regards,
LordBlick