Re: Zoom vs Help

Le 01/07/2015 20:38, Garth Corral a écrit :
> While we’re on the topic.  There are other places where hotkeys are
> less than optimal on OS X.  For example, F11 and F12 are taken for OS
> functions and never reach kicad, so selecting the canvases has to be
> done through the menus.  Conversely, Cmd-C in kicad launches the
> calculator, so you can’t copy from the python console.  These are
> just a couple I’ve noticed recently, I’m sure there are many more
> such issues.
>
> Garth

I am thinking you are confused by wxWidgets issues and Kicad issues.

The mere fact you cannot copy using Cmd-C from the python console is a
curious wxWidgets bug (specific to OSX) (looks like accelerator keys are
captured by the wrong window, and not sent to the window which has the
focus).

On all systems or window managers, some keys are "captured" by the
window manager and cannot be used as user commands (for instance F10 on
Windows).
Many keys using Alt modifier cannot be freely used as hotkeys (they do
not work, or they are captured by the window manager).

All hotkeys are configurable by user, so when a key is not working on a
given window manager, you can easily remap it.

The "issue" relative to Ctrl / Cmd is not clear for me.

Is it just the name "Ctrl" which should be displayed "Cmd" (which is
rather easy to change) or is it something else ?

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS