Re: kicad StepUp 3D kicad board and models to STEP

@Tom

Hi Tom, following your advices (design in STEP B-Rep)
I came with this approach:
- prepare or just download STEP models for 3D parts
- convert STEP to VRML to build the pcb in kicad (using FreeCAD)
- just place pcb parts in kicad as always
- export IDF pcb plain board
- assembly automatically the board in MCAD reading 3D modules and
  positions from kicad pcb file with the kicad_StepUp script
- export the STEP assembly from MCAD  (using FreeCAD)

I asked a friend of mine to import the result in SolidWorks and it seems to be fine...

Could you please check if the result (demo.step) it is fine in hierarchical STEP assembly?

Thank you very much
Maurice