Re: future of bitmap2component?

Le 10/07/2015 18:03, Tomasz Wlostowski a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I'm in the process of removing remaining dependencies on boost::polygon.
> There's one quite big obstacle though - the bitmap2component program,
> which uses BPL quite extensively.
>
> For the near future: I would keep BPL just for bitmap2component.
>
> For the further future: What do you think of replacing bitmap2component
> by a proper SVG importer and leaving the bitmap vectorization to
> external, more advanced tools?
>
> Best,
> Tom

The bitmap vectorization is made by potrace, which is used by most of
other tools to convert a bitmap to a polygon, not by boost.

AFAIK, boost::polygon is used only to cleanup and mainly to fracture the
polygons which are created by potrace, and which are outlines and holes
inside outlines.

The main application of bitmap2component is creating logos which can be
printed on a silkscreen layer.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS