Re: PATCH: Correct GenCAD export issues

Does it handle correctly the fact that every module can in fact be
customized? That was the main reason to not do the indirection initially
(i.e. not all the R0603 are necessarily equal...)

That's exactly what I told the contract manufacturer, but they insisted on a change. With a shape for every reference designator, they had to review the shape for every part. With this change, they only have to review each shape type.

The change detects when a part is different from the library and creates new shapes in the GenCAD file as needed.

* Don't allow pins without numbers to have duplicate pin numbers.
I don't really remember this use case, but shouldn't give any trouble...

We have some footprints where multiple pins are left un-numbered. These pins were represented in the GenCAD file as "none" and the multiple "none" pin numbers were causing problems. To prevent the problem, we added an enumerated suffix to duplicate pin numbers.

sadly it seems to be one of the most dis-interpreted formats around (I
know for sure that are broken importers out there!)

I agree completely. Our changes are based on the GenCAD standard.

David

* Don't make new shape for every reference designator. Instead, create
   shapes based on modules and assign to devices based on reference
   designators.
Does it handle correctly the fact that every module can in fact be
customized? That was the main reason to not do the indirection initially
(i.e. not all the R0603 are necessarily equal...)

* Don't allow pins without numbers to have duplicate pin numbers.
I don't really remember this use case, but shouldn't give any trouble...

* Correctly implement MIRRORX.
* Correctly implement flip.
My fault, I was convinced they were correct. At least the standard as
nice example of the order in that they are meant to be applied:D

I've attached the only file that was modified. Additionally, I've
attached a patch file.
Could be interesting *if* it doesn't break someone else gencad needs...

--

David Novak

Dajac Inc.
317-608-0500 ext. 112

www.Dajac.com
David.Novak@xxxxxxxxx

This electronic message contains information which may be legally confidential and/or privileged. The information is intended solely for the individual or entity named above and access by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please reply immediately to the sender that you have received the message in error, and delete it. Thank you.