Re: PATCH: Correct GenCAD export issues

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:39:13 +0200,
David Novak wrote:

> * Don't make new shape for every reference designator. Instead, create
>   shapes based on modules and assign to devices based on reference
>   designators.

Does it handle correctly the fact that every module can in fact be
customized? That was the main reason to not do the indirection initially
(i.e. not all the R0603 are necessarily equal...)

> * Don't allow pins without numbers to have duplicate pin numbers.

I don't really remember this use case, but shouldn't give any trouble...

> * Correctly implement MIRRORX.
> * Correctly implement flip.

My fault, I was convinced they were correct. At least the standard as
nice example of the order in that they are meant to be applied:D

> I've attached the only file that was modified. Additionally, I've
> attached a patch file.

Could be interesting *if* it doesn't break someone else gencad needs...
sadly it seems to be one of the most dis-interpreted formats around (I
know for sure that are broken importers out there!)

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl