Re: PATCH: Correct GenCAD export issues

On 8/13/2015 12:38 PM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 14:59:49 +0200,
> David Novak wrote:
>
>> That's exactly what I told the contract manufacturer, but they insisted
>> on a change. With a shape for every reference designator, they had to
>> review the shape for every part. With this change, they only have to
>> review each shape type.
>
> They actually use the gencad file for something other than pad
> probing... and even that usage is made obsolete by D356...
>
>> The change detects when a part is different from the library and creates
>> new shapes in the GenCAD file as needed.

Wouldn't you also want to test the footprints on the board as well?
Let's say you have multiple "smt_resistor_lib:r0805" footprints on your
board and you modified more than one of them with same changes but
different from the original footprint imported from the library.  You
would still have multiple identical footprints exported to the gencad
file which your contract manufacturer will have to review.