Re: Reminder

My humble suggestion is to just create the RC1 branch now because I've
been through all of those bugs, and they're all either incomplete or
not repeatable for me. In which case we need more information in order
to be able to fix them.

In order to get more information, it's better to have a larger
user-base. Plus, a user-base on a pre-built rc candidate. It's
possible for example that some people's systems are a bit screwy when
building and so we're really chasing phantoms that are down to their
specific build. With an RC we're at least debugging a single sane
thing.

That's what an RC is for in my opinion - it has known issues, but we
need help moving forward. Plus, these issues will become insignificant
compared the waft of new bugs that are going to come out of the
woodwork when we make an RC build for mass people to test. I don't
think that work should be delayed for a few bugs that are almost
unrepeatable.

I have a patch holding for adding the interactive routing options to
the draw toolbar. It makes no sense to me for those brilliant tools to
be available only in a menu option - they should be in the draw
toolbar and disabled when in legacy canvas mode so people know what
they're missing out on! ;)

Sorry, I've only just managed to get some time together to be able to
work on KiCad again, so bad timing!

Best Regards,

Brian.