Re: Eeschema ERC should detect unmatched local labels

On 9/13/2015 2:45 PM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 13/09/2015 20:11, Wayne Stambaugh a écrit :

>>> I don't think that checking unmatched names is so critical. In fact
>>> *most* of my labels are simply used to... label nets, not to create a
>>> connection. That way during routing I can see the signal which need
>>> particular attention (also it's easier to set netclasses in this way)
>>>
>>> A distraction like a mistyped label is akin to connecting a wire to the
>>> wrong pin (one time I flipped over an amp symbol... lot's of smoke
>>> happened :D); no ERC can save you from that.
>>>
>>> The *only* feature useful in the schematic DRC is the 'unconnected pin'
>>> warning; all the other ones (signal conflicts, power pins and so on) are
>>> a complete nuisance (at least for mixed signal and analog-heavy boards).
>>> Even for digital boards a filter inductor on a power pin would give a
>>> missing power warning :P
>>>

>> When a pin is connected to a wire with a label that doesn't go anywhere,
>> does the ERC generate an error?  It probably should because technically
>> this is still an unconnected pin.  This is a more sensible then checking
>> for unmatched label names for the reasons Lorenzo stated above.
>>

> Yes, because unconnected pins without no connect symbol are detected.

Then this should be adequate to detect the problem as it was described
or we have a bug in the ERC code.  @Joseph, did you get an ERC error
with your mismatched labels.  If so, then the ERC did it's job properly.
 I don't think your changes make any improvement and in some cases will
cause issues with net labels.