Re: Can I move values in footprints library back to silkscreen?

Ok but my question is if I can move values from fab to silks (hidden) as they were before in all pretty repos (and change convention) and use Fab layers as assembly layers (as in IPC7351) to provide users ready to use assembly layer with reference designators. I hoped that some discussion here (not on kicad-lib-comitters because of low traffic) could help make good decisions about how the layers are used and get opinions about introducing assembly layer (which I find extremely useful) in official library.