Re: Packaging the python footprint wizards for the release

On 29 September 2015 at 14:03, LordBlick <lordblick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sidebotham:
>>
>> For Windows, we can package the contents of
>> kicad-source/pcbnew/scripting/plugins into the bin/scripting/plugins
>> directory and it'll work for 4.0.0 as-is.
>
> It's a complete mess, or something is binary or a script.

Sorry I don't understand apart from "It's a complete mess". In
response to that, no it's not. These are simply files installed that
the PCBNEW makes use of, no-one ever need edit them or even see them.
They provide functionality to the installed program. We do need a
separate user area for picking up user-supplied plugins however.

Working out where these truly belong can easily wait until after a
stable release because it really doesn't matter much.

Best Regards,

Brian.