Re: Mac OS X graphics performance regression investigation

Hi,

can we base this on a little bit more more (comparable) facts?
A given board, zoom factor, use-case.

I just tried my own 6270 build vs. your 6271 on one of my boards, and I don’t see any real difference with zoom-change or panning.

I tried the coldfire demo board then.
To be comparable, I do one pan step at zoom 2.2 via left/right arrow keys.
This takes about ~1s on my late 2012 MacBook Pro 13” Retina (2.5GHz i5) in a fullscreen window.
Of course, this makes panning via scrollbar very jumpy.

The more you zoom in, the better it gets.
On OpenGL canvas it is updating instantaneously, but it doesn’t make such a big step on one key press like the default canvas (don’t know if that matters).

I really can’t tell if things got worse, because I normally only do smaller 2 layer boards.
Although not being lightning fast also with those, it never was that bad to say “you can’t work with it”.

Maybe it is also just personal taste.
With the cold fire board it is for sure not nice, but also no showstopper for me.

Regards,
Bernhard