Re: linux gcc vs windows mingw issues

Le 03/11/2015 15:02, Mark Roszko a écrit :
> ?
> This one is maintained:
> https://github.com/nickoe/KiCad-Winbuilder
>
> That automates the whole process with msys2. The PKGBUILD is probably
> better than what msys2 has in its own system because we actually
> package libxslt! and disable the gcc 5.1,5.2 warning spam bug.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> AFAIK, kicadwinbuilder is no longer being maintained.  The preferred
>> method for building kicad on windows is to us the new msys2/mingw32/64
>> environment.  See
>> http://ci.kicad-pcb.org/job/kicad-doxygen/ws/Documentation/doxygen/html/md_Documentation_development_compiling.html#build_windows.
>>  Please not that the easy way will no longer work because the legacy
>> documentation repo has been renamed and I haven't updated the PKGBUILD
>> file for kicad.
>>
>> On 11/2/2015 4:41 PM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am experiencing some issues on building my code on mingw. I am not getting the same results.
>>> It is hard to get into details, but as I am not using a quantum computing, I am expecting the exact same result.
>>>
>>> Anyone have hints and tips for what I could be missing in my source? What things I should take special attention?
>>>
>>> I am using mingw version of the kicadWinbuilder package.
>>> Thanks!
>>> Mario

If you are using the "old" kicadWinbuilder which is not base on msys2,
switch to msys2 (perhaps the kicadWinbuilder github version, if you want).
msys2+mingw is a good tool for us.

I am using msys2 since a long time, and I do not have currently a lot of
different results between Linux and Windows.

Of course, you can see differences due to the fact wxWidgets is not
based on same toolkits, and Windows and Linux have different properties,
mainly about file managing.

But on Linux I had also different behaviors between Unity and KDE

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS