Re: kicad StepUp new tool: How to interactive align 3d model to pcbnew footprint

@Wayne
thank you for your comment.
I developed my scripts for my needs, but I wanted to share them for KiCad users :)

@Wayne @Cirilo
the kicad StepUp exporter could be integrated as plugin in pcbnew and be invoked e.g. directly from pcbnew python console, with just some small adaptations

it could be something like that:
open pcbnew python console and digit the following commands:
import ksu
ksu.export()
ksu.align()

[ksu =kicad stepup]
[ksu.export() =will call the export python routines and assembly of the actual pcb board in FreeCAD]
[ksu.align() =will call the align tools python routines in FreeCAD]

But I think this is a bit more 'geek' approach compared to just click to a bash/bat script

What I'm missing to let the script to be executed easily by a user, is just a simple button in pcbnew that could be configured to launch a python script from inside pcbnew itself... or, may be easier, the ability to configure a macro hotkey to execute some python commands

I think this could be a useful feature also for other users

Maurice