Re: eeschema field placement feature branch question

> Chris,
>
> I cannot find the original request for this patch.  I do like the
> feature.  Since I don't have the patch or a url to your branch, I cannot
> review the code.  From the video, I have one minor suggestion.  It looks
> like you added 3 new check boxes to the Eeschema options dialog which
> makes it even taller than it already is.  Maybe it's time to add a third
> tab and move some of the controls in the "General Options" tab to a new
> tab.  I'm not sure what to call the new tab and how to group the
> controls but it's something that should be done.  Anyone else have any
> objections or comments about this feature?

I think it looks nice, but I have not had time to test it myself on a
real schematic. I do wonder if it deserves a note in the
documentation, such that there is a short explanation of the rules
used to determine the positions and how to reset them.