Re: kicad.com malware and scams (the domain we don't know).

One thing to consider is to bother the server host,

First one points to 66.135.47.125 (name server #1)

http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-66-135-32-0-1/pft?s=66.135.47.125
OrgAbuseHandle: SNAE-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Serverbeach Network AUP Enforcement
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-604-484-2588
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OrgAbuseRef:    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/SNAE-ARIN

Their AUP:
http://www.peer1.com/about-us/legal/acceptable-use-policy

There's a second namesever also being used 85.17.25.202 (nameserver #2)
remarks:        Please send all abuse notifications to the following
email address: abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. To ensure proper processing of
your abuse notification, please visit the website
www.leaseweb.com/abuse for notification requirements. All police and
other government agency requests must be sent to
subpoenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

And the final malicious server is 208.91.196.145  (redirect server)
OrgAbuseHandle: ABUSE3065-ARIN
OrgAbuseName:   Abuse Admin
OrgAbusePhone:  +1-917-386-6118
OrgAbuseEmail:  abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OrgAbuseRef:    http://whois.arin.net/rest/poc/ABUSE3065-ARIN

I am thinking confluence is the one to go after, the name servers
could be legit but its hard to tell with how stupidly they are trying
to hide it.