Re: support of 3D model plugins

thanks a lot! :)
Maurice

On 04/01/2016 21.33, Cirilo Bernardo wrote:
The code has already been tested with FreeCAD VRML models (which have a
very strange construction) and has already been improved to work with the
FreeCAD output. So at the moment it's VRML1 (high priority) and X3D which
are missing. I also have plans now to support the VRML Inline { }
feature used
by the VRML exporter but the code I write will behave differently from
the legacy
code and instead be more compatible with other VRML viewers and the VRML
specification. In particular, the legacy code uses a file name
resolution scheme
which is not conformant to VRML - this means that the legacy code may
display a model which no other VRML viewer on the planet will display
and the
user of course may have the mistaken idea that their VRML output is OK when
in fact it's not.

- Cirilo

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 2:42 AM, easyw <easyw@xxxxxxxxxxxx