Re: Opening pcbnew from kicad: ImportError: No module named pcbnew

Hello, Jon!

On 2016-01-08 01:36, Jon Neal wrote:
> Is there a reason you installed KiCad in ~/SW/usr/local/bin/kicad?

I don't want to merge/sudo the test builds into my (production)
distribution. So, I just tried to stay in ~/SW.

> That seems like a strange place to install it.
> The cmake defaults work fine for me and coexist
> just fine with a stable install!

So, you sudo make install?

> How did you specify that install location?

I was cheating with:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON \
      ../../
make -j8
make DESTDIR=~/SW install

because:

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING=ON \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON \
      -DKICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON \
      -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=~/SW \
      -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/SW \
      -DDEFAULT_INSTALL_PATH=~/SW \
      ../../
make -j8
make install

fails with:

-- Installing: /home/admin/SW/share/applications/pcbnew.desktop
-- Installing: /home/admin/SW/share/applications/bitmap2component.desktop
-- Installing: /usr/local/bin/_cvpcb.kiface
CMake Error at cvpcb/cmake_install.cmake:50 (file):
  file INSTALL cannot copy file
  "/home/admin/share/project/kicad-src/src/build/release/cvpcb/_cvpcb.kiface"
  to "/usr/local/bin/_cvpcb.kiface".
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake_install.cmake:96 (include)

Is there a bug hidden or is it just my recklessness?

Clemens