Re: GCC and C++14

On my Fedora 23, I see gcc version 5.3.1 20151207

Clang is at version 3.7.0

Bob G

On 01/14/2016 09:51 AM, Chris Pavlina wrote:
Debian Stable uses 4.9.2, which seems to support the majority of C++11
features.  Fedora doesn't have anything like an LTS release, and I
really don't think we should spend time supporting old versions when
they don't have any sort of designated "extra-stable" release - why
can't Fedora users just upgrade? It's not like they have to pay for
upgrades.

I don't think I've ever met a Fedora user intentionally using an old
version.

It seems Ubuntu is the only one left, and the new LTS is coming out soon.

I know you're tired of hearing the C++11 question, but perhaps when the
new LTS comes out, presumably in April, it really will be time to start
looking at that seriously?