Re: GCC and C++14

I understand people not wanting to even switch to C++11 as it is still
relatively new. I just wanted to point out that a standard should be put in
CMakeLists.txt.

For now (until at least the next Ubuntu LTS comes out in April since that
seems to be the slowest updating OS to support) maybe set the C++98 as the
default, and have a compiler flag for enabling C++11? Rather than ignoring
C++11 entirely we could at least make sure that we don't have any errors
that would make switching at a later time more difficult.

I'd be happy to provide/set up the build on jenkins.

Jon