Request/Question

Hello,

I like the recent progress that’s been made with Kicad!  To see so many advanced features in an open-source project is remarkable.  I look forward to being able to contribute to the project myself soon!

I’ve noticed that Kicad isn’t using Github to host the project, but is instead using Launchpad.  I’m sure that this is a complex situation—could explain why Launchpad is used?  The reason I ask is that I believe that Github is a lot more user friendly, especially for newcomers, and I think that the project would benefit from an easier start to getting involved.  Is there a plan for moving over to Github soon?  What’s limiting that transition, and is there any way that I could help with such a move?

Best regards,
Eric

Follow ups