Re: Bill of Materials Generator Feedback

Hi!

On 2016-02-05 18:09, Thor-Arne wrote:
> It is working perfectly here, I think your excel version is treating comma as field separator.
> Try tweaking your settings in excel.
> Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Bug in your Excel setup. ;-)

Try:
Setup semicolon separation.
Text delimiter: ""
Detect numbers as necessary or format columns manually.
Text encoding can also be funny - try that
with umlauts or degree symbol or greek letters.
etc...

LibreOffice seems to be a nice tool for all this kind of
stuff - example attached.

Since there are so many different comma/tab separated file formats
in use and I want to eliminate manual work as much as possible,
I prefer to setup my tools once and then export all the BOM and
Assembly data directly into a SQL database for further automated
processing.

Regards,

Clemens