Changing units of Gerber plots

This is 4.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.11.

I submitted Gerbers and drill files to Seeed Studio for fab last night, and they got bounced for some reason which got lost in translation. I think they thought that the two separate sets of Gerbers submitted on the same order were for the same job. But anyway.

Since Seeed’s support is little more than a set of Wiki articles written by users, it’s not at all clear what they require. But there is a page about generating Gerbers from Kicad here: http://support.seeedstudio.com/knowledgebase/articles/613173-how-to-generate-gerber-from-kicad

It seems to suggest doing everything in inches, not mm.

And here is the rub: I designed the board in mm, and can switch at will between mm and inch grids. But when it comes to generating Gerbers, there is no way to change the output from mm to inches. We can do that for the drill files, but not for the Gerber plots. Am I missing something or is this a missing feature?

-a

Follow ups