Re: PATCH: Set SMD attribute in footprint wizard

Le 16/02/2016 07:44, Mikael Arguedas a écrit :
> Hi Miguel,
>
> Thanks for the clarification. I can now appreciate the difference. In this
> case it's indeed more useful to have a minimum size that won't be 0.
>
> Actually I thought these were 1nm steps. My intent was to have every
> courtyard size to be rounded to 0.1mm and thus land on a 0.05mm grid as
> specified in the KLC.
> Anyway I tested it on a couple of footprints and it seems to be giving the
> expected result.
>
> Thanks for reviewing and for the explanation!

In fact the patch needs a bit of enhancement:
- It uses values given in internal units. this is not a good practice
if you want to use a value of 0.5 mm, use 0.5 mm. (like for all uthers
values)
The meaning of values just given as integer is always not easy to
understand.
- Because the rounding is subject to change, and used 6 times, only one
method called 6 times is more easy to change, and more easy to
understand for the reader.
- the KLC say 0.05 mm rounding. Why to use 0.1 mm? Leave 0.05 rounding
level.

Thanks for your interest at Kicad.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS