Re: Python functionality on Windows

Konstantin,

I have no interest in using the native windows Python because the amount
of effort to implement this would not be trivial.  We would have to
completely overhaul the build system for wxPython and the kicad python
scripting on windows builds to compile an link against the the native
system Python libraries which are built with MSVC.  I don't know if you
have ever attempted to do this but I have and it's a nightmare to build
native Python libraries with the GNU tool chain on Windows.  I'm not
saying that if someone provided a complete native python build solution
that didn't break the msys2/mingw builds that I wouldn't accept it but
I'm not going to work on it and I would rather the kicad developers work
on more pressing matters.  If you want an integrated Python solution,
try installing msys2/mingw32 (or mingw64) and build and install kicad
from source.  This way you have a full python implementation along with
pip and setuptool support.  This is what I use and it works almost as
well as the native window Python solution.

Cheers,

Wayne