Place Reference and Value independently for each gate

Hi everyone,

today I started to create a symbol for a microcontroller.
Since there are so many pins I decided to split the device to 3 gates:
One for general GPIO, one for Analog Inputs, one for supply and clock and jtag etc.

This results in different sized symbols for each gate.
Currently there seems to be no option to place the Reference and Value fields at different locations for each gate. So when I place the fields on the correct location for one symbol this results in either the fields being right accross the other symbol or too far off the symbol and therefore clashing with other symbols in the schematic.

There's even an old bug report for it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1334502

Are there any plans to make it possible to place the fields independently for each gate?

Best Regards,
  André