Re: Pcbnew delete hot key behavior.

On 3/1/2016 8:56 PM, Sergey Borshch wrote:
> On 01.03.2016 15:23, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> I was under the impression
>> that the user was trying to delete a trace and a nearby footprint was
>> deleted rather than the trace.  That shouldn't happen without a
>> disambiguation menu.
> So you'll get annoying menu every time you want to delete wire under
> footprint in wire placement mode. I propose to add some intelligence:
> let's current selected tool take precedence in selection. For example,
> in wire placement mode if user press del key while pointing mouse cursor
> to the wire under footprint, wire can be deleted without menu. If there
> is only footprint under cursor - it can be deleted without menu. If
> there more than one wire or more than one non-wire items (footprints or
> footprint and drawing line or line and filled zone) under cursor - menu
> appears. If there is more than one wire and another non-wire item(s)
> under cursor - menu appears, but only wires shown.

This seems like a plausible solution but it still does not fix the
posters original issue.  If there is only a single object under the
cursor then it will be deleted not matter which tool or when no tool is
selected.  I do like the idea of using the currently selected tool as a
way to resolve some disambiguation situations.  Obviously this wont work
in every situation but it would be an improvement over the current solution.