Re: Some new sweet features on the new 3D-Viewer

Hi Nick,
I have a desing in similar complexity as that board and maybe a bit
less, but it takes 17 seconds to load the board in the 3d view,
whereas in the 3d viewer in 4.0.2 it takes 3 seconds for it to render
in the 3d viewer.
are you talking about Raytracing or OpenGL?

If you are talking about Raytracing, it is normal that rendering will take long... it is a feature for realistic screenshots, not for normal inspection, or at least that is what I would have expected... i.e. if you do realistic rendering in Blender you have to wait quite long time to get the result to obtain a real 'realistic' view...

I compared Mario OpenGL viewer (with cache) and the recent 6558 revision of 3d-viewer and I get almost 1/10 rendering time in favor of Mario version... (these results on a mobile win8-64b with a modest graphic card)

Maurice