Re: New pcbnew features and versioning

I have not read the patch, but my apparent comments about this inline.

> Here's a patch that checks the PCB file format version against the currently
> supported one, and displays a message explaining the situation if the PCB file
> is too recent. I assumed YYYYMMDD format for the version. Message looks like
> this:
>
>     KiCad was unable to open this file, as it was created with a more recent
>     version than the one you are running. To open it, you'll need to upgrade
>     KiCad to a more recent version.
>
>     File: <filename>
>     Date of KiCad version required (or newer): <format version, reformatted as date in locale>

As the version line looks like:
(kicad_pcb (version 4) (host pcbnew "(2016-03-26 BZR 6651, Git
2efd31e)-product")

Maybe also print the kicad version that actually made the file? This
should make it easy for the user to figure out what to upgrade to.

> A couple changes still have to be made - this is only for comment, not to
> commit.
>
> 1. Also check footprints - we'll have to add versioning to those, as it's not
>     there at all right now as JP said.
> 2. Use a more friendly error dialog without the "IO_ERROR" and source code
>     location, at least in non-debug builds. That will frighten people. :)

What about just having a unfoldable details thing where you can still
see that if needed?